We are actively recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to join our consulting practice in the US market. Ideal candidates will be compatible with a consulting lifestyle, and flexible to travel as needed.
- Lead and supervise a team of supply chain consultants in design and implementing global supply chain optimization solutions for employer’s global clients in automotive and heavy equipment manufacturing industries to reduce supply chain costs, improve accuracy, efficiency and meet project performance expectations
- Direct the analysis, planning, implementation, and evaluation of assigned projects
- Manage the activities and client deliverables related to strategic and/or tactical purchasing, MRP, data analytics, inventory control, and warehousing
- Oversee the project team to meet proposed project performance expectations.
- Interface with clients, and communicates with other concentration and/or niche leaders to deliver the best solutions for the client needs & expectations
- Examine and evaluate existing manufacturing system design for streamlining activities to meet supply chain and product distribution needs
- Supervise consultants in using supply chain software to simulate and forecast cost impact on the supply chain for various scenarios including centralized distribution strategy, change in forecast method and inventory policies, and recommend the best-case scenario
- Instruct engineering consultants to develop supply chain performance metrics and KPI (key performance indicators) for measurement
- Supervise consultants in the development of supply chain network modeling
- Supervise the use of VBA (Visual Basic Applications) programming to simulate current MRP (Material Requirements Planning)
- Supervise the development of value stream maps to identify and reduce non-value added (NVA) activities as part of the client’s continuous improvement initiative
- Review and analyze inventory reports to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas like sales, marketing, finance, production or quality assurance.
- Identify new markets and solidify new services and deliverables to offer our clients.
- Apply industry wide best practices and customized solutions to help global client achieving high-quality and performance in their operations.
- Conduct training sessions and knowledge sharing sessions on supply chain management approaches.
- Supervise build case studies post completion of each project listing out business objective, problem statement, project plan, methodology used, and conclusions and recommendations.
- Provide feedback and project performance evaluations for supply chain consultants in accordance with employer’s requirements and path to path to promotion
- Apply and use various knowledge or skills in project management, strategic sourcing, Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP), Lean Manufacturing Systems Design, design and analysis of experience, Six Sigma methodology, supplier risk analysis, MS Project, MS WORD, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
Education & Experience:
- Master or its foreign equivalent degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Supply Chain Management.
- Two (2) years of experience in the job offered or in a related occupation as a Supply Chain Consultant, Industrial Engineer/Consultant, or Industrial Engineer.
- Employer’s headquartered in Peoria, IL, and various unanticipated client sites throughout the U.S., thus, travel and/or relocation to the client site is required.
Specific skill or other requirements:
- The required 24 months of work experience must include the following experience:
- Design and implementing global supply chain optimization solutions
- Simulating and forecasting cost impact on the supply chain
- Developing KPI, value stream maps, and supply chain network modeling
- Working on material requirements planning (MRP), inventory control, warehousing, and centralized distribution strategy
- Using Six Sigma methodology. Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable
CGN Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CGN Global is committed to complying fully with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. All applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, sexual orientation, military status, order of protection status or unfavorable discharge from military service. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory basis. CGN Global complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.