Master Data is the data throughout an enterprise that is essential to business operations. Customers, products, materials, suppliers and inventory are all key business entities that contain Master Data within an organization. CGN Global manages Master Data to create a single-source view, regardless of the ERP system used (CGN Global specializes in SAP).
Control the Information Supply Chain
Data throughout an enterprise is an “information supply chain” that requires strategic attention just like your physical supply chain. The data comes from multiple sources (like suppliers and business functions), is most efficient as a single-piece continuous flow (like Lean manufacturing) and provides outputs (like products) only as valuable as the inputs (like materials, quality). Data from customers, vendors, suppliers and the like should run as a continuous flow of information, allowing for optimized business processes without creating the usual “information bottlenecks” that most organizations face. When companies focus on using Master Data Management to create more efficient operations intended for increased customer value, it becomes an asset to the organization and ultimately leads to a sustainable competitive advantage. Click here to see the vast amount of crucial data embedded in the stages of the supply chain
If you are experiencing one of these issues, you have a Data Management problem:
- Your ERP system is not being utilized to create a better customer experience, or it is proving more of a headache than an enabler to business operations
- Data across the enterprise is not in sync and with marketing, engineering, sales, manufacturing data that is not located in one record to be repurposed based on business needs
- If multiple data sources exist, creating different views of the same information causing confusion
- Master Data entry is manual and not standardized throughout the company
- Employees are constantly cleaning data such as duplicate customer information, missing product attributes or inaccurate vendor information
- Business processes are stalled or restarted due to inaccurate data
- Orders are not matching up with the business needs or customers are being contacted by multiple business functions
Master Data Management for Improved Operations
Properly managing Master Data throughout the enterprise has become increasingly critical for ERP, SCM and CRM implementations and their ongoing operation. With managed, accurate data a company’s operations can be significantly improved through:
- Increased resource utilization – employees have more time to spend on value-adding activities rather than data cleansing and confirmation, suppliers fulfill more accurate orders and materials are used more efficiently with less inventory.
- Reduced waste - much of the wasted time and effort throughout the organization reduced.
- Flexibility – as customer demands rapidly change, MDM provides the flexibility to adapt to these changes and run operations based solely on what the customer needs, when they need it
- More streamlined operations – having lean processes revolves around eliminating waste, and by eliminating “information waste” that drives those processes, operations can become leaner
- Increased customer satisfaction – when operations run more smoothly and resources are better utilized, customers benefit from higher-quality, on-time products
MDM can reduce data management costs by up to 50% along with immeasurable intangible and long term benefits. Master Data exists in different forms in virtually every area of a company. Only when these sources of data are identified and a single view of the data can be achieved can an ERP system be efficient and the information gathered from marketing, customer service, manufacturing and other functions be effectively used to serve the customer.
CGN Global enables Master Data to be accurately and consistently gathered and utilized throughout the enterprise to enable the continuous flow of information for optimized customer experiences and bottom line improvements. CGN Global utilizes Master Data eXchange (MDX) to clense, match and migrate enterprise-wide data.