Improve Your Suppliers for Bottom Line Benefits
CGN Global’s Supplier Performance Improvement practice is a defining activity; a data driven and customer focused approach to improving supplier performance levels. It uses breakthrough approaches - rooted in Lean Six Sigma and Quality Improvement - to consistently deliver superior results through increased supplier performance. CGN has extensive experience working both sides of the OEM/supplier coin, giving us the knowledge and expertise to optimize manufacturing performance and supplier collaboration creating win-win situations for the OEM and its suppliers. With our broad Supplier Performance Improvement knowledge, we work as problem solvers using our expertise to yield operational excellence and achieving the ever-reaching sustainable competitive advantage.
Our Supplier Performance Improvement service is used to move cost from fixed to variable, reduce overtime, eliminate waste, reduce rework/scrap and produce throughput. We focus on partnering with suppliers on behalf of the manufacturer to enable the following Operational and Financial benefits:
|Improved Operations Metrics:||Improved Financial Metrics:|
How We Improve Suppliers
At CGN, we believe in 4 key ingredients that - with the right mix - can drive sustained operational excellence and optimize the supply base. Those 4 ingredients - Strategy, People, Process and Technology encompass our philosophy of Supplier Performance Improvement Business Transformation.
CGN Global’s Supplier Performance Improvement practice benefits are possible through our proven methodologies and hands-on services performed and perfected with suppliers like you for over 20 years:
- Supplier Assessments – A targeted assessment method tailored to assess a supplier’s technology, diversification, and performance metrics or to assess the organization against the benchmarked leaders in the industry
- Supplier Strategic Improvement Planning – Details the supplier's core competencies, business and financial health, customer alignment and business vision. Defines the organizations' strategy/direction and is the roadmap for strategic decisions, allocation of resources and execution of business planning
- Problem Solving – Distinctive, strategic problem solving approach; structured yet flexible enough for complex problems and unique client needs
- New Product Introduction – Process validation, Part move execution, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Production & Operations Improvement - Facility moves, First time quality improvement, Parts per Million (PPM) Reduction, Scrap reduction
- Production System Improvement - New plant start-ups, Work Cell developments, Value Stream Transformations, Lean Manufacturing Implementation
- Lean Operations Implementation – Eliminates waste in administrative and service areas using lean techniques to increase efficiency and throughput
- Variation Reduction & Process Capability Improvement - Focused on processes (welding, painting, etc.), Improve Process Capability (Cpk), Measurement System Capability
- Quality Management System Development - Process/ Quality Audits, Quality Manuals – Document Control, SPC Program, Implementing layered audits, Preventive Maintenance Program